LOGITECH G102 PRODIGY GAMING MOUSE REVIEW
Logitech has always been known for their excellent mice, whether it be part of their gaming or mainstream line, and with the introduction of their entry-level Prodigy series, the company has released an affordable but feature-packed mouse in the Logitech G102 Prodigy Gaming Mouse, would-be budget version of the company’s G Pro gaming mouse.The G102 features the same design as the company’s G Pro gaming mouse and is reminiscent of the company’s G100s, the two are pretty much identical externally. It features a slim, low-profile design that’s almost symmetrical apart from the two thumb buttons on the left side.
The G102 is also incredibly lightweight, weighing only 85 grams.It is equipped with only six buttons – a left and right mouse button, a clickable scroll wheel, a DPI selector under the scroll wheel, and the aforementioned two thumb buttons on the left side. The only exterior difference the G102 has with the G Pro is the rubber cable (the G Pro has a braided cable).The G102’s design is perfect for those with smaller hands that use a palm or claw style grips and for those who want a lightweight mouse that’s easier to move or lift around for those with lower DPI settings. Those with larger hands that use a fingertip grip will also enjoy the slim, low-profile of the G102.Weirdly enough, in spite featuring an almost symmetrical design, the G102 isn’t ambidextrous due to only having one set of thumb buttons on its left side for right-handed users. It would’ve been nice if Logitech also included thumb buttons on the right side of the mouse so that left-handed users could also take full advantage of the G102.
- G203 reports 1,000 times per second, 8x faster than standard mice. This means when the mouse is moved or clicked the onscreen response is virtually instantaneous.
- G203 is inspired by the classic design of the legendary Logitech G100S Gaming Mouse. Beloved by gamers worldwide and a favorite of esports pros, it’s a classic design that we’ve re-engineered and optimized from the inside-out to be lightweight, durable and comfortable.
- Play to your full potential with a mouse that offers 200 to 8,000 DPI delivering incredible accuracy, tracking speed and consistency. You’ll get improved control no matter your style of gameplay.
- Mechanical button tensioning uses metal springs to help keep the left and right mouse buttons primed to click, reducing the force needed. Combined with individual left and right buttons, it enhances the consistency and delivers exceptional click feel and response.
- LIGHTSYNC technology provides next-gen RGB lighting that synchronizes lighting and game profiles with your content. Customize from a full spectrum of approximately 16.8 million colors and synchronize lighting animations and effects with your other Logitech G devices. Customize it all quickly and easily using Logitech Gaming Software (LGS).
- Logitech G203 can be used directly out-of-the-box, or can be fully configured using LGS. Advanced users can configure any of the 6 buttons to simplify in-game actions.
- On-the-fly DPI shifting lets you toggle between two sensitivity settings with a click, from pixel-precise 250 DPI targeting to speedy 2,500 DPI movement. Use LGS to customize the DPI settings to fit your style of play. Also, DPI cycling lets you choose from up to five DPI settings while in-game.
- When you take your G203 with you, your custom settings come along. By saving your preferences to the onboard memory using Logitech Gaming Software you can use it on another PC with no need to install software or reconfigure your settings.
- Height: 116.6 mm
- Width: 62.15 mm
- Depth: 38.2 mm
- Weight: 85 g mouse only
- Cable length: 2.10 m
- USB data format: 16 bits/axis
- USB report rate: 1000 Hz (1ms)
- Microprocessor: 32-bit ARM
- Windows® 7 or later
- macOS® 10.11 or later
- Chrome OSTM
- USB port
- Internet access for Logitech Gaming Software (optional)
- Onboard memory: 1 profile
- LIGHTSYNC RGB: 1 zone
- Non-braided cable
- Mechanical Button Tensioning System